``&@%#!'' means that I've aimed too high again and hit my big
nose with the long end of a spinning club. Noses are
very sensitive; hurting them does
interesting things to one's adrenalin levels.
To me, that's the thing that makes juggling risky;
not ``catching a torch on the wrong
end,'' but ``being hit on my nose by a club and then killing someone in
the ensuing rage.''
Jutta's safety tips for jugglers:
Your nose will thank you for it.
- Never juggle intoxicated.
- Choose a welllit (or, in case of fluorescent props,
- Keep your thumbnails short.
- Allow yourself some time to warm up.
- And, before you learn to juggle, learn to duck.